On-premise Installation Guide
- Kubernetes cluster:
- It must be able to use OpenEBS Cstor. Disks have to be attached to Kubernetes nodes and must not be mounted or formatted.
- If there is no internet access, each node should have a busybox:latest image preloaded.
- A linux VM:
- Must be accessible by the Kubernetes cluster (this VM will host the docker registry along with the chartmuseum and devpi services, which are needed to run the Neu.ro platform).
- Must have access to the Kubernetes cluster.
- The following utilities have to be installed: docker, kubectl, jq.
- A directory with all required helm charts. It will be mounted as a volume to the chartmuseum container.
- A directory with all required docker images. It will be mounted as a volume to the registry container.
- A directory with the neuro-cli python package and all its dependencies. It will be mounted as a volume to the devpi container.
- Saved registry:2 image.
- Saved chartmuseum/chartmuseum:latest image.
- Saved devpi image.
- Saved imega/jq:latest image, command-line JSON processor.
- Saved mikefarah/yq:latest image, command-line YAML processor.
- Kubernetes resources that will be created in the cluster.
- Installation scripts.
Connect to the Linux VM and ensure that kubectl can connect to the Kubernetes cluster:
kubectl get nodes
Mount the USB (or external storage) device and extract the neuro.tar archive:
mkdir –p $HOME/neuro
tar -xvf neuro.tar -C $HOME/neuro
By default, if there is no Ingress certificate specified in the config file, the installation script will generate a self-signed certificate. This self-signed certificate has to be added to the certificate trust store in the platform user's development environment.
Set up A records to the platform domains *.neu.ro, default.org.neu.ro, *.default.org.neu.ro, *.jobs.default.org.neu.ro in such a way that they point to all Kubernetes cluster IPv4 addresses.
cert_path: "/path/to/ingress.crt" # optional
cert_key_path: "/path/to/ingress.key" # optional
- name: cpu
- name: gpu
- Download the Ingress certificate:
openssl s_client -connect app.neu.ro:443 -showcerts </dev/null > ingress.crt
- Add it to your machine's trust store.
Run the following command to install Neuro CLI:
pip install -i http://$SERVER_IP/root/pypi neuro-cli